A Conversation for Imperial Intelligance

What is this?

Post 1

aquaEricTheGreat

This post really has nothing to do with Star Wars Imperial Intelligence. Besides the mention of Palpatine, and the post-Coruscant Imperial base planet of Bastion, this post is merely a "fan"-based thing. While Star Wars IS fiction, it does have a core canon that should not be deviated from. Plus, it takes place "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"--the dating convention he utilizes here is incorrect. The Star Wars chronology is based around a "before battle of Yavin" and "after battle of Yavin" dating convention. Further, there is never any reference to a PsyOps program, at least not in the manner implied (although Psychological Operations involving propaganda are quite a different story). Finally, there was NEVER a PsyOps war. I suppose, in the end, I would not be nearly so bothered if the post at least made mention to the fact that this was a clear "fan-fiction", differing from the films and expanded universe source material in almost every way.

P.S. While Palpatine did utilize some civilian intelligence agencies, it was for a better ultimate purpose for his order. He had an elite group of competing intelligence organizations, each competing with each other. The end effect? Plenty of oversight, and a strong desire to give the Emperor the intelligence information first.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Imperial Intelligance

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more