Sfanesp

6 Conversations

An Introduction to Sfanesp

In the basement of Deus Ex Machina's house...

Deus Ex Machina logged on to his computer late that night, and logged on to h2g2. He was browsing the Thingite page, to see if they had new list code, and found an ad for the Sporkites. Needless to say, he joined. But he felt that he needed to contribute something. So... He invented Sfanesp!

What is this Sfanesp, anyway?

Let's start with the basics, shall we? Sfanesp is the:

S pork

F ood

A nd

N utrition

E dible

S nack

P roduct.

Sfanesp is a cup-shaped gelatin product that fits only in sporks. You can request a flavour, the current ones being listed below, by replying to the "Taste Test" thread on this page. There is now vegetarian non-gelatin sfanesp, which is comprised of agar agar1, therefore keeping that great sfanesp taste. But, since the Spork is shaped like a spoon at the end, something needed to be done to prevent spoon users from tasting Sfanesp.

The Almighty Flavours of Sfanesp!!!!!

  • Orange
  • Cherry
  • Goat's Cheese
  • Chili
  • Grape
  • Cheese and Ham Toastie
  • Simulated Rhinoceros
  • Sushi
  • Jalapeno Pepper
  • Tea
  • Assorted Indian Food (as made by the Kalpna restaurant)

Mmmm.... Spork Rinds...

Deus Ex Machina was almost done perfecting sfanesp, when a thought occured. What about spoons? They could be used to eat sfanesp! So, he invented spork rinds. They are little crunchy pieces that slip through the prongs of the spork. They taste delicious, but only when eaten separately from the sfanesp. Their flavours are determined by the sfanesp flavour. For example, if the sfanesp is orange flavoured, then the spork rinds will taste almost, but not quite, entirely unlike orange.

Where can I get Sfanesp?

Sfanesp is available at these fine places:

  • Milliways, The Restaurant at the End of The Universe
  • The Sporkites
  • Free with any Spork purchase
  • By order from this page2

1See "ingredients" forum below.2By posting on the "Sfanesp, anyone?" thread.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A975288

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more