A Conversation for The NEW H2G2 Radio- 42 FM - The Community's station!

Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 1

GuitarNinja

Hey, I'm wondering what it would take for me to set up a channel completely dedicated to non-mainstream bands. You know, those gems of bands that never get any real recognition except on fan-sites and obscure internet eZines. Well, if we had a channel like that on hootoo, then we could take such bands from those fan-sites and obscure internet eZines TO THE WORLD!

Tell me what you guys think.

Also, I'd like to know what it would take /out/ of me to run or manage such a channel. How much work would I have to put in? What kind of technical skills would I need to learn?

If anyone can answer my questions, that would be awesome.

Pez,


GN


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 2

GuitarNinja

Hey, man, that'd be a great idea. If only anyone would help you, or look at this string, even. That would be nice.


GN's alter-ego


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 3

Just Justin... (ACE)

Hey,
Sorry I didn't notice your first post, but i've been cutting down on H2G2 for a while now, due to starting uni and the workload there, as well as switching to a crappy 56k modem internet connection...
So, i've pretty much abandoned H2G2 radio, though i suppose it can be up for grabs for whoever wants to try running it (though it takes quite a lot of effort, let me tell you)

Justin


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 4

GuitarNinja

A lot of work? Could you care to elaborate what kind of work it takes (if you have the time)? I'd like to help out, but quite frankly I have no idea where to start.

Next year, I'll hopefully be connected to some form of high-speed internet, so I was thinking of independantly hosting a radio station and just having a page with a link on H2G2.

Comments? Advise anyone?


GN


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 5

Just Justin... (ACE)

well, when i was trying to run the station, i also had to try to spek to plenty of people, asking for advertisement for the station, as well as trying to run a quiz channel, update the page, find people to host channels...

so around the end of last year, when i was doing my final year of school, it got too much, while also studying for exams etc, so i pretty much had to give it all up...

Justin


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 6

GuitarNinja

Aww, that's too bad. So essentially what you're saying is that, until someone takes over the main 42FM page, there probably won't be any additional channels added to it?


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 7

Just Justin... (ACE)

Yeah, pretty much... smiley - sadface
If you want, and if you think you have the time, you could have an attempt at running the station yourself...

Justin


Non-mainstream band channel?

Post 8

GuitarNinja

Unfortunately, I'm relatively new to H2G2, so I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm only recently learning how the various parts of the guide are formed and connected, so I'm hardly qualified. I hope someone who is comes soon though. The 42 Radio is a great idea. I just wouldn't know how to run it.

I'll be around.


GN


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more