A Conversation for Where to Find The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Bureaucracy Games

Very important question

Post 1

toybox

Are these PC or Mac versions that you can download?


Very important question

Post 2

ford puma

These are all PC versions. I shall include that in the text somewhere.

From your question, can I assume you are looking for a Mac version?


Very important question

Post 3

toybox

Not necessarily, and no more. I personnally use a Mac but my parents have a PC so I can use any version. The only problem was that, since their PC is not connected to the Internet, I had to go and download everything from my office and bring it back to their computer. No big deal as a matter of fact, as the files are pretty small smiley - smiley.

I couldn't run Bureaucracy for some reason though smiley - erm.

Still, I believe some Mac version would be advisable, as DNA was a great Mac user smiley - bigeyes.

smiley - stoutsmiley - peacedove


Very important question

Post 4

Semisomna

For some reason, I can get Bureaucracy to run on my computer (running WinME, of all things) and not on my sister's (which I'm on now, which is running '95). One would think version of Windows wouldn't matter, considering how long ago the originals came out, but one never knows.

Incidentally, I found a version of the game that runs (badly) directly in DOS, which makes me suspect that they're very DOS-ish and not very Mac-ish, though they're simple enough that they could probably be adapted easily, not that I have any clue how one would go about it.


Very important question

Post 5

Vornock

A Macintosh version of frotz is downloadable from http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXinfocomXinterpretersXfrotz.html, along with versions for other Operating Systems.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Where to Find The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Bureaucracy Games

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more