A Conversation for WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Peer Review: A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 1

quizzical

Entry: WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA - A965630
Author: Quizzical - U216391

I pulled this guy out of the Flea Market and have tried to finish it off...


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 2

Number Six

Looks good, although I do wonder about the merits of including a current schedule in an Edited Guide entry. The reason for this is that, once it goes into the Edited Guide, it will stay there forever - and the longer it says there, the less accurate and relevant that section will be. There is only a small volunteer programme at the moment to update entries that have become inaccurate in this way.

This is difficult in that a considerable part of the article forms a useful guide to what the station has to offer, and makes an alternative hard to suggest. What would you think about the option of talking about the shows and music in more general terms and pointing readers to the station's website for the latest schedule?


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 3

quizzical

Good ideas about the schedule - I'd wondered about that. Let me see what I can come up with...


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 4

quizzical

OK, I've changed the second section to talk about the music in more general terms, but I think it needs a bit more detail, if that makes sense. I think we're still "in progress" here...


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 5

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

Are we still in progress? If you can get back to me on this one by the morning, that'd be great!

We need more radio like this in the UK. smiley - smileysmiley - cake


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 6

Number Six

Looks good and sounds great...


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 7

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - smileysmiley - cake


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 8

quizzical

Sorry - yes, still in progress. I'll finish it over the weekend (I'm spending most of the next two days at the ice rink. smiley - smiley)

I'll have some more info to add. StudioX is hosting a show by Coldplay next week - how they managed to get Coldplay to perform uptown in tiny, out-of-the-way Oxford is beyond me... smiley - cool


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 9

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

I saw that. I suspect Coldplay probably respect the station for its real music attitude.

Whoami? smiley - cake


A965630 - WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Post 10

quizzical

OK, I think I'm done with this - hope it's OK. I tried to walk the thin line between "too specific" and "too general to be interesting". I suspect I fell over more than once. smiley - smiley

Quizzical


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - bubblysmiley - cake


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

Number Six

smiley - cheers


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 14

quizzical

smiley - biggrin I'm going to be "real" researcher!!! (goes off and does the Happy Dance...)

Qsmiley - huh


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for WOXY: 97-X Oxford, Ohio, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more