A Conversation for The Ig Nobel Prizes

Peer Review: A958502 - The Ig Nobel Prizes

Post 1

Farlander

Entry: The Ig Nobel Prizes - A958502
Author: Farlander - mired in mediocrity - U206300

i'm a pretty big fan of the igs, and was somewhat surprised that although hootoo has an entry on the nobel prize, it does not have one on its spoof prize. have therefore taken it upon myself to rectify that! smiley - biggrin


A958502 - The Ig Nobel Prizes

Post 2

Farlander

oh, blsmiley - bleepy hsmiley - bleep, i've just gone into peer review... and discovered that someone submitted a similar article yesterday! incredible timing, mine. what do i do? should i contact the guy and suggest a collab? or should i just dump mine?


A958502 - The Ig Nobel Prizes

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

That depends on whether his is any good or not (and on whether yours is any good smiley - smiley). Technically he was there first, so he gets priority. But you should contact him and discuss it with him.


A958502 - The Ig Nobel Prizes

Post 4

Phoenician Trader

I liked your article and would have liked it to get up. I haven't seen the Journal Improbable Results for years. The reviews of research institute refectories never seemed to make me very hungry. I am certain that my sister-in-law subscribed for the Studmuffin of the Year pin-ups: all those half naked male scientists in labcoats.

smiley - lighthouse


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more