A Conversation for GuideML - FOOTNOTE Tag

The Famous Recursive Footnote

Post 1

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

I wanted to put in the Famous Recursive Footnote from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy INFOCOM Computer Game in a Guide entry, and make it look just the same. smiley - wah don't see how with this footnote system.
smiley - towelNerd42


The Famous Recursive Footnote

Post 2

E G Mel

What exactly is the famous recurrsive footnote?

Mel smiley - hsif


The Famous Recursive Footnote

Post 3

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

it's like this *1
burp! *2
---
*1 this is the famous recursive footnote*1
*2 excuse me.
smiley - towelNerd42


The Famous Recursive Footnote

Post 4

E G Mel

<./>GuideML-FOOTNOTE</.>

This explains the use of the footnote tag and since the numbering seems to not have any override feature I'd imagine that what you want to do cannot be done using the footnote tag alone.

However, you should be able to do it by hand by putting a link at the end of the footnote text that links to the footnote in question. (though you'll have to update this everytime you add extra footnotes before it!)

eg:
This is the famous recursive footnote 1

Where Anum is the Anumber of your page. I have tested it here <./>A559695</.> you will need to change the numbers if it's not the first footnote on your page.

Mel smiley - hsif


The Famous Recursive Footnote

Post 5

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

smiley - cool I will use it gladly.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more