A Conversation for Talking Point - Your Greatest Hits on h2g2

The H2G2 First Anniversry Parade

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Irving Washington organised a parade for the first anniversary of H2G2 and lots of researchers created floats (this was of course pre-foop when we could post graphics), which were unveiled all at once on the day.

I remember how pleased everyone was with all the contributions, many of which have been blobbed, I think. Ddombrow did a float for the Space Station, I did floats for the Aroma Cafe and CLI, and there were also floats for the Waterworks, for Joanna's Donut Stall, for the Dangermouse Fan Club, for Bludragon's castle, and others.

And the piece de resistance was a "message" from DNA. smiley - smiley

Lil
smiley - artist


The H2G2 First Anniversry Parade

Post 2

Peta

I thought it was dead cool too! A brilliant piece of inspirational art!

I showed it to Douglas; sometimes he found it a bit hard to take on board the virtual part of h2g2 - but he was fascintated by it.

I used it as part of my presentation to backers and so on for ages, to get across the point about just how creative community members could be. smiley - biggrin

And it was *fun*! I remember not peeking because I said I wouldn't! You've bought back happy memories! Thanks Lil! smiley - smiley


The H2G2 First Anniversry Parade

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


You know, as brilliant and farsighted as Douglas was, I could never figure out why he couldn't have seen it coming. You don't gather a bunch of generally intelligent and verbally sharing entities together to discuss points of interest in the world without somebody ordering in pizza. Or asking someone else where they were from really. Or pulling off into a corner to quietly discuss the girl over there in the purple tights.

smiley - winkeye
Lil
smiley - artist


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more