A Conversation for Proposals for an Underguide Scheme

Sixty million Frenchmen can't be wrong.

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

smiley - footprints


Sixty million Frenchmen can't be wrong.

Post 2

LL Waz

(Psst, eet is I, Leclerc, and I will say zis only once ...

why not?)


Sixty million Frenchmen can't be sarong.

Post 3

Deidzoeb

It can be dangerous to search for conventional meanings in the words of tonsil revenge. Often his meanings are more elusive than a butterfly with a machine gun impersonating Denis Miller. And asking tonsil revenge to explain is just inviting him to confuse you more.

This is not a bad thing, just a little disconcerting in that introductory period when you're still hoping to make sense of everything he says.


Sixty million Frenchmen can't be sarong.

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

... and pity you if English isn't your native tongue! I never got that thing with the butterfly and the machine gun smiley - winkeye


Sixty million Frenchmen can't be sarong.

Post 5

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

and I collect Rubber Duckies, too!

Actually, like Deidzob, I don't speak Englische. I speak novelist.
hee hee
actually, I was just bookmarking the entry...

I just din't like to leave a like ol'what's his face used to all the time... Who was that, tube?


Sixty million Frenchmen were in the Resistance...

Post 6

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

"It can be dangerous to search for conventional meanings in the words of tonsil revenge."

*Archeologists and dredgers are always finding ancient bodies in the Thames estuary.

"Often his meanings are more elusive than a butterfly with a machine gun impersonating Denis Miller. And asking tonsil revenge to explain is just inviting him to confuse you more."

*Some where 'Zoeb got the idea that describing a metaphorist with a simile would be as equally amusing and less confusing, but only just.
The 'butterfly with a machine gun' is actually a back-projection into 'Zoeb's childhood, when he was frightened by an ice cream vendor wearing a SeaBee patch on his jacket.
The Dennis Miller reference is actually quite good and I am pleased by it, but I don't know anything about football... Curiously enough, Dennis probably didn't, either...

"This is not a bad thing, just a little disconcerting in that introductory period when you're still hoping to make sense of everything he says."

*Basically, he's saying, "Don't worry, it gets better. The more you experience, the less it bothers you. Kinda like your big sibling pounding your arm with their knuckle on a regular basis. As long as you don't try to hard to get away, it will be over soon. The day you get your driver's license, you can run over them."

The "sixty million frenchman" reference is to the fact that if a bunch of people really want something, I'm not going to get in their way or discourage them too much, because mobs are not something I deal with too well.

smiley - diva


Sixty million Frenchmen were in the Resistance...

Post 7

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/WW2Timeline/seabees.html

go halfway down the page and you'll see the drawing.


Sixty million Frenchmen were in the Resistance...

Post 8

Deidzoeb

See what I mean?

You know the one about geniuses being in overlapping territory with madmen? Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a constant barage of unidentified metaphor and simple psychosis.

But once in a while, tonsil will step out and remind you he's using metaphors, and you'll be convinced for a while that he's just talking artistically.

I'm so glad I didn't have siblings.


Sixty million Frenchmen were in the Resistance...

Post 9

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Coo! Did 'e just descorb me as a 'genius'?smiley - blushsmiley - cuddlesmiley - kiss


Sixty million Frenchmen were in the Resistance...

Post 10

LL Waz

I do see what you mean Deidzoeb. Actually, what disconcerted me most was finding that I was inclined to be in sympathy with the sixty million Frenchmen.

"actually, I was just bookmarking the entry..." so was I.

May all your siblings be little ones,
Waz


Sixty million Frenchmen were in the Resistance...

Post 11

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

http://www.redhotjazz.com/Songs/mole/FiftyMillionFrenchmen.ram


Ten million Frenchmen lost ...

Post 12

LL Waz

Thank you for the music,


Ten little Frenchmen , all in a row...

Post 13

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

smiley - biggrin


Ten little Frenchmen , all in a row...

Post 14

LL Waz

smiley - musicalnote Sixty million Frenchmen sitting on the wall,
smiley - musicalnote Sixty million Frenchmen sitting on the wall,
smiley - musicalnote And if one naughty Frenchman should accidently fall...










Perhaps not.


Ten little Frenchmen , all in a row...

Post 15

Spiff


Great song, TR, smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post