A Conversation for Lord Denning

A9159843 - Lord Denning

Post 41

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

You could do with mentioning that the Denning Report into the Profumo scandal is regarded as a shining example of its kind. Also, as he got older his views became more reactionary and there is no mention of this. I believe (although I may be wrong) that he publically opined that it would have been better if the Birmingham Six had been hanged rather than for British justice so have been subsequently shown to be deeply flawed. "We shouldn't have all these campaigns to get the Birmingham Six released if they'd been hanged. They'd have been forgotten and the whole community would have been satisfied."

Remember: it's a biography, not a hagiography.


A9159843 - Lord Denning

Post 42

ddn

smiley - book OK, I'm going to the library on Saturday to order some books, i'll make some changes pending.

Dystopia - Sounds interesting, dates would be good...I could do with a bit more on family life...rsvp

Z- Do you have a source for that? Could make an interesting addition...

I intend to add more about the Profumo scandal inquiry, spirit of the law and will be putting in a little more on the deserted wife's equity. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more