A Conversation for Welcome to the Home Page of the Birmingham Users Society

I need to know about Birmingham

Post 1

Birmingham Users Society <bus>

please


Can you please tell me?

Post 2

zendevil

I've always wanted to know this about Birmingham...Is the "Jaaneman" restaurant on Ladypool road still going?


Can you please tell me?

Post 3

Z

Oooh I don't know.. but theres loads of Baltis on Ladypool road!

smiley - titsmiley - ponysmiley - bigeyes


Can you please tell me?

Post 4

zendevil

trying desperately hard to work out your latest "callsign", I'm sure it is something really deep & meaningful &/or a marvellous pun. I shall have to consult with smiley - elf who is annoyingly much better at this than me.
You wouldn't just have put it there "cos they look nice together would you??

thinx: tit pony bigeyes
smiley - musicalnote"smiley - titsmiley - ponysmiley - bigeyes"smiley - musicalnote
--- maybe to the tune of "zippadee-doo-dah"?
hmmmm
smiley - zensmiley - devil
Get out there & search for the Jaaneman, you're supposed to be a Scout! It was near the bottom end, near where Stoney Lane crosses it.
If no smiley - buses can find out, I'll send an e-mail to my mate Andy, who's there in RL, except he isn't at the moment, he's in Malaga, lucky sod!


Can you please tell me?

Post 5

Z

OH dear smiley - blush I do hate to disapoint you but I've just decided to get a larger vairety of smilies into my h2g2 vocabulary so I've taken to signing of with three random ones! Shame that cos now we have smiley - tit we could even try writing naughty things eg. smiley - grovelsmiley - cdoublesmiley - tit. Oh dear that'll be my dirty mind again.. smiley - blush

I've just had a look in the yellow pages and can't find the Jaaneman !


Can you please tell me?

Post 6

IctoanAWEWawi

well it could be representing a donkey, not a horse, and a donkey can be called an 'ass' so it could be

tit, ass, bigeyes!

smiley - biggrin


Can you please tell me?

Post 7

Z

I think I might have to change it to

smiley - titsmiley - titsmiley - bigeyes


Can you please tell me?

Post 8

IctoanAWEWawi

smiley - disco Y smiley - disco (_|_) smiley - bigeyes


Can you please tell me?

Post 9

Mohammad <dragon>

I've always wanted to know this about Birmingham...where is the theme park in Brum


Can you please tell me?

Post 10

dasilva


The closest one is just out of the city limits, the other side of Sutton Coldfield called "Drayton Manor" and you can find more here: http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/

smiley - ok


Can you please tell me?

Post 11

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Would you consider something like Cadbury World? (In Bournville)


Can you please tell me?

Post 12

zendevil



*Claim to fame time*

I worked at Drayton manor Park (on the dodgems, aged 17)

I won a brilliant box of smiley - choc from Cadbury's for writing "The story of smiley - choc" (aged 9)

I'm still waiting for someone to send me a decent balti through the post!

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


Can you please tell me?

Post 13

IctoanAWEWawi

Something that has been bugging me for a few years. On the train journey out from b'ham, once the train leaves Wolverhampton there is a big blue industrial plant, lots of very serious looking big manufacturing type buildings and on the side it says, in big big letters, 'Beans Foundry'

So, what is a beans foundry? Is it where they hammer out baked beans on an assembly line? Or is it merely a foundry owned by someone or a company called 'Beans' ?


Can you please tell me?

Post 14

dasilva


It is indeed a foundry of metals, once a family owned firm from which it takes it's name now run by the UK arm of a German (I think) outfit - Bruhl UK (umlaut over the u but I can't find it on this keyboard).

I was taken round there on an 'industrial week' local 'A'-Level physics students were involved with rather than doing regular work experience from their 6th forms - if memory serves me right they produce engine components for the automotive industry and at the time housed the production line for the Reliant Robin (this was in the early 90's when the Robin was still going, just and was moving about a bit) in a lasrge portacabin suspended from the roof (aluminium engines and plastic bodies that could easily be picked up by a single person, weight wasn't really a problem smiley - winkeye)

smiley - tongueout


Can you please tell me?

Post 15

IctoanAWEWawi

thanks dasilva, sorry for the delay in said thanks.

Another question.

On a map, like the linked one on the brum meet page, is the front (ie main entrance with taxi area and escalators to the shops) of B'Ham New Street North or South?

I'm assuming North. smiley - smiley


Can you please tell me?

Post 16

Z

I think it's the sounth entrance actually, I've just a hunch, it's certainly the entrance you leave with when you're going to south birmingham.


Can you please tell me?

Post 17

IctoanAWEWawi

Oh, right, so if I want to go to say the central Library then do I leave by the main exit or the rear exit?


Can you please tell me?

Post 18

Z

Humm central libary, I think the easiest way would be to go via the rear exit. This brings you out onto Navigation street it's self. If you carry straight on up the hill you can get to New Street the street, if you take a left along new street, (again in a up hill direction) you get to victoira square. Central libaray is on the far left corner of victoria square, up some steps and opposite a fountain.


Can you please tell me?

Post 19

IctoanAWEWawi

sp that's turn right out the back of new street?


Can you please tell me?

Post 20

Z

No, it's...

Cross the road,

Take the street directly opposite it, (up hill)

then turn left


Key: Complain about this post