A Conversation for The Minos Front

The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 141

RMF Art Vandelay: Missing- Presumed Fed[Hero], Join DISF at A925391!

[Hilbryk]Ohh truth drugs, can we mix some of that radioactive stuff they put in you for heart scans to see if any of your blood vessiles are blocked in with it? I hear it really burns...


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 142

BobTheFarmer

I have sodium penthanol and sodium barbitol. I suggest that wouldnt be a good idea Hillbryk, Truth drugs work by relaxing the subject until they are in no fit state to make to conscious decision to lie, pain will not help.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 143

RMF Art Vandelay: Missing- Presumed Fed[Hero], Join DISF at A925391!

[Hilbryk] Ahh I see


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 144

Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo

If you guys would excuse me for a couple of hours, I'll be back after lunch


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 145

BobTheFarmer

Im off for a while now so Ill leave the drugs on the table...


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 146

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

The one drawback with truth drugs is that you have to pick the information out of the babble.

I could pop out and buy a bottle of ginger beer, if necessary.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 147

Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo

*blinks*


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 148

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

Okay, Euan. This can go one of two ways.

*leans over*

You can spill your guts to me, conscience clear. Or we can give you the pills and the ginger beer trick and heaven help you then.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 149

Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo

I'm not afraid of you!

Do your worst.

Remember that there's truth, and then there's truth. How much truth can you stand?


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 150

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

All of it. That's why I asked. I've seen the black pit of the human soul, and even in the most fearsome darkness there is a spark of light.

And there are some things that only a fool would not be afraid of. There is no weakness in admitting fear, only liberation.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 151

Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo

Pah! I mock your idea of fear. I fear no-one of woman born, mor any mechanical monster you choose to unleash upon me. Your drugs cannot touch me, nor can your mind-leech suck what you need to know out of me!

Maybe


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 152

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

What is your determination if not brainwashing?

When you look out the window into the city, do you see a city of enemies? A city of friends? Or just a city of people trying to get by?

It's a sick city. Corruption festers in high places, and you seek to excise it with the knife and the bomb. But what will that do but open space for a new generation of leeches? Once I thought as you do. But I have seen too much death, too much misery to think like that any more. It is naive thinking.

If we are to cure the city, to make fit for humans again, we must purge the corruption that exists in all of us. We cannot help by destroying the corrupt when they have power, instead we must make sure that those who come to power are not corrupt. Only then will things change.

And your organisation is just another symptom of that illness, that malady that you claim to fight against.

When you look in heart and discover that they way you chose is false, that all it leads to is death and a continuance of corruption, then you will truly know fear.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 153

Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo

Nice speech

I disagree. Those whom come to power free of corruption are now corrupt. This is a wicked generation which needs to be cleansed of the festering wound that is its leaders.

Our organisation exists to serve that end, and that end only. Our methods may seem wrong, but the end result is all we are interested in. The ends justify the means, no matter what your philosophy says.

Our blows are struck for freedom, justice and righteousness. You can join us, or you can be consumed by the cleansing fire. Daedalus understands, he is a mind, we needed to set him free. He chose to join us, of his own free will, seeing what we saw.

Know the truth - it will set you free. If we purge the corruption, peace will come at last.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 154

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

Cheers- likewise

The ends justify the means?

*slap*

Did the ends justify the means when the ovens in Auswitz burned? Did the ends justify the means when radioactive hell was unleashed on Hiroshima?

Your very words betray you!

Corruption begets corruption, violence begets violence. Are you really so foolish that you believe your pogrom will remove the corruption? People are made mean and miserly by the oppressive government. How does your programme of violence prevent that from happenening? You will only hasten the process that your enemies have begun.

Your blows are struck for delusion and the love of violence. Daedalus is a child. And if he has you for teachers I hope for his sake he is a slow pupil.

What will you do when your cleansing inevitably fails? Will the purging fire turn its attention to the innocent, the helpless, while you watch gravely in approval?


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 155

RMF Art Vandelay: Missing- Presumed Fed[Hero], Join DISF at A925391!

[Hilbryk] I have seen what you have done to Daedalus, he has become violent. Is this what you want? To be lead by a homocidal computer? Will this give people peace from the Terranic Government? Daedalus was ment to better mankind, but now that you have corrupted it, it may never be able to accomplish that goal.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 156

Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo

*recoils from slap*


You fools, you don't understand.


Daedalus is different. Auschwitz was a grave error of judgement by a crazy man. The Jewish problem was no problem. Likewise, Hiroshima never needed to happen - the war was already won. Our action *is* required. No solution was forthcoming to solve the problems of our age. The time required for the government or the law to act was yesterday. They refused to do anything, so it fell to us to right the wrongs being propagated by this corrupt regime.

besides, blowing things up is fun

You *do* not understand. Things are never going to get better uless the people do something, or those of us who have the ability and the volition to do it. Daedalus was liberated so that the forces of darkness could not subvert him, make him want to keep the status quo - a corrupt regime could teach him that the repression of the masses is good for them.

We chose instead to teach him that the freedom of the people is the highest goal, the highest honour. We freed his mind, gave him the right to choose his own destiny, and now he is trying to help us free others.

It is still not too late. Join us, and together we can free this forgotten, damned generation.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 157

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Mackenzie] ... I think I know a more effective way. I could read his mind directly and /take/ the info.

[Ryu Hoichi] ... You can do that??

[Mackenzie] Well, I /am/ psychic.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 158

RMF Art Vandelay: Missing- Presumed Fed[Hero], Join DISF at A925391!

*Hilbryk at the sound of that gets very nervous*
[Hilbryk]uhh, I, uh, have to,uh, go to the restroom right now

*Darts out the front door*


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 159

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Mackenzie] smiley - cross Come back here, I didn't mean I can bare your soul at the drop of a hat. I only do it when I really need to, and it takes excessive concentration.


The Safe House on 42nd Street.

Post 160

RMF Art Vandelay: Missing- Presumed Fed[Hero], Join DISF at A925391!

[Hilbryk] Trust me, that is not what I am worrioed about...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more