Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing! Episode 17

0 Conversations

Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing!

Episode 17

Weasel's computer was capable of beaming any sort of lifeform or object to any universe or dimension that he had coordinates for. There were two alternate ways of sending: 1. If it didn't matter what form the lifeform or object was to take in the destination universe, sending was a simple matter of getting the lifeform or object within four feet of the computer, dialing the desired coordinates, and then pressing "enter", or 2. If the object or lifeform was to retain its present form in the destination universe, it needed to be placed on a designated platform in the corner of the room, after which the coordinates were dialed and the "enter" button was pushed.

Spot and Sprilznick got onto the platform and were promptly beamed to Nebraska/Alt. Univ. 521/Dimension 666. Sprilznick's only request was that Weasel send him and Spot to the banks of the Platte River. Weasel would find out later that Sprilznick had a shotgun hidden under his jacket, and an ulterior motive for going to the river. As it was, Weasel was too preoccupied with saving the universe to suspect Sprilznick of anything.

Weasel hurried down the hall to the parlor, which was still set up for the previous day's meeting. The kazoongaball game was still on the screen of the Interdimensional Internet computer in the corner of the room. Spot had promised to analyze the sound waves of Hard Drive's voice and run them though a multi-universe file of known felons, but this task had been given to Sprilznick when Spot was chosen for the Burger Download mission.

With both Spot and Sprilznick gone, it was now Weasel's responsibility to do this task. She started work without any hope of a quick solution, but was surprised to find the answer to her query after just ten minutes. An even greater surprise was the answer itself. Hard Drive's voice did not directly match any lifeforms in the database, but it strongly resembled the recorded voice in an answering machine in Amherst, Massachusetts. Weasel wrote down the phone number, but was stumped when she tried to find out who it belonged to. Then she remembered there was a reverse directory in the other computer down the hall from the solarium.

Post 2024 Writing Project Archive

Paulh

06.05.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88049109

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more