A Conversation for 24 Lies a Second: The Ups and Downs of a Lavatory Attendant

Beautiful films

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I saw "perfect Days" a few days ago. Hirayama is very kind to a young child who is crying in a bathroom. The mother comes for the child and doesn't even seem to notice Hirayama, but he seems not to be offended.

The scene in the park is very tender. Hirayama digs up a tiny Japanese maple (after first getting permission from the monk). he takes it home to his patio, where there are other trees in pots, of all sizes. He seems to take very good care of them. He loves to look though his apartment window at the trees.

We see him in tears late in the film. He has deep feelings. His sister disrespects him when she comes to pick up her runaway daughter. She can't believe he's cleaning toilets for a living.

At the end he consoles a man who is dying of cancer, then they play shadow tag.

A lovely, lovely movie.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 24 Lies a Second: The Ups and Downs of a Lavatory Attendant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more