A Conversation for Quick Recipe: Pot Noel

Christmas with a Kettle

Post 1

Bluebottle

Am I the only one annoyed that the smiley - santa head lid doesn't line up with the body?

<BB<


Christmas with a Kettle

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Which Kettle is involved? Ma or Pa?

(Ma and Pa Kettle were hillbillies in a series of movies in the late 1940/early 1950s. Marjorie Main played Ma Kettle. Hillbillies get a bad rap, but economical eating would play a part in their lives, as they aren't likely to have much of a food budget. This looks like an economical meal.)


Christmas with a Kettle

Post 3

Bluebottle

A Pot Noodle costs about £1 each and for preparation simply add boiling water. Being a staple of any student's diet, h2g2 has two Edited entries about 'em: A143650 & A1091486

Pot Noodles are often mentioned in 'Red Dwarf' as being inedible - even by Lister's standards.

(If there were a Ma and Pa Kettle, presumably they had children?)

<BB<


Christmas with a Kettle

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Ma and Pa Kettle (who were actually from Washington State, being originally characters from 'The Egg and I') did, indeed, have children.

Many of them. In each successive movie, a young actor who needed a boost would play their recently-grown-up kid who needed to have an adventure and get married. The rest of the kids would run around and make messes in a hilariously ramshackle farm.

In between the comedy routine of Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2FYzqlZDI

(Marjorie Main reminded me so much of my grandmother...)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Quick Recipe: Pot Noel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more