A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: The Limpopo River

Stay well

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I keep seeing Youtube videos about the problems in South Africa. Some of them foresee collapse. Six days ago they came up with the title "South Africa's Slow, Inevitable March Towards Collapse."

I hope they're worrying over nothing.

Then again, I suppose many non-Americans hear about what's happening in the U.S., and think it's teetering on the abyss.


Stay well

Post 2

Willem

Hello and thanks for your concern! Things are tough in SA right now but we're still doing fine. We have an incredibly corrupt government that lets anything they have responsibility for, go to pieces and then sell the pieces for scrap. But there are many people here who do actually care and we'll make a plan, things can't go on like this. I don't think we're doing worse than the world in general. Indeed from over here, from what the social media says, it does sound like America is on the brink! In fact, based on what I can learn of the world in general, I'd rather be here right now than in some other country.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: The Limpopo River

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more