A Conversation for Gheorgheniplex: Lights, Camera, Action, Space

Hurry

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


You just have to stay ahead of the gamma ray bursts, or your footage will be fried.

Does the campaign for real movies also propose real earthquakes, hurricanes and volcanoes for disaster movies? That could seriously offset the budgets.


Hurry

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

That reminds me of a film called 'Ryan's Daughter', directed by David Lean. Lean was infamous for incorporating huge landscapes and weather events into his movies. And remember, CGI wasn't a thing back in the 60s and 70s...

He was filming on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. At the time, this was the back of beyond. I know: I was there a few years later. They had to wait a whole year for a suitable storm for the movie. In the meantime the actors sat around the pub and got drunk. By the end of the movie they look a lot less fit than in the beginning.

Then it wouldn't STOP raining, so he moved them all to South Africa to finish filming on a beach there. smiley - laugh


Hurry

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


They didn't think of filming the dry bits up front when it was dry?
Chronology can be expensive, but I suppose the barman didn't complain.


Hurry

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

No, they said it revived the Dingle Peninsula, which was good for the locals - they're nice people. smiley - smiley

The problem is that, in between storms, it rains in Ireland a lot. It's like being sprayed all over with an atomiser.


Hurry

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Atomiser sounds so much more scientific than plantenspuit...


Hurry

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl


Hurry

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The guy involved had a Heart of Gold.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gheorgheniplex: Lights, Camera, Action, Space

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more