Immorternity - Chapter 33: I Do!

1 Conversation

Chapter 33 - I Do!

'Where did my super twin sister go?! I need her for the Dream Team!' Eddy exclaimed in terror, then turned away from the now inactive grail to run up the stairs again and into Ava's bedroom.
After some rummaging noises, he came back with the box that Caoilinn recognised as the one they received back at Number 10. The one containing the bottles of green stuff…
Eddy kneeled on one knee in front of her, saying 'My beloved fiancée… Do you want to become part of the Chosen Dream Team in order to save my twin sister?'

What's it gonna be babe. Yes or no?


Mom gasped and then fainted. A proposal!


'I'll gladly do, if you will let me do the honours of the marriage proposal thing later on.' Caoilinn answered. 'That is, if we survive whatever we're about to do.' This resulted in a round of applause from Dad, who then hurriedly tried to get Mom back on her feet again.


'Will you apply the green stuff for me?' Caoilinn asked Eddy. 'Let's just hope I won't change as much as you did and that the seams of those jeans are Kevlar as well.'


She leaned forward toward Eddy and added: 'If this stuff just adds 20 years regardless of my current age, I'll have a lot of explaining to do when I get back to my Cabinet.'


'I always liked older women.' Eddy countered.


'Yes, that is easy for you to say. Technically any woman over 5 years old is older than you are, although I'd advise you to steer clear of anyone in the below 18's range from now on. And if they are older they have to deal with me first, my love.'


After calibrating the left and right ear definitions, Eddy gently sploshed some of the green stuff from every bottle behind the right ear which was actually the left ear. The visual fireworks started soon afterwards, leaving Mom and Dad aghast. The only dental firework consisted of a filling popping out where the molar regenerated. The jeans creaked like a tallship in a gale in the battle against evolving muscles, but the seams held. The zipper of the black leather motor jacket unzipped itself slightly to make room in the upper area.


'Well, that felt refreshing.' Caoilinn said in a relieved voice. 'What do you think?'


'Is my skin shining like that?' Eddy asked.


Caoilinn moved her wrists around in the lamp light. 'I guess it does that, yeah…'


'Didn't you have gray eyes? They're blue now. Maybe even aquamarine. Hair didn't change though.'


'I'll just say I wore contacts before.'


'Mom? Dad? Are you okay?' Eddy asked his still flabbergasted parents. 'You'll get used to it. Eventually…'


'Soooo…. Now what do we do?'


'Lets take that Grail outside and see if it still bubbles if we dunk it in the water butt.'


They went outside, leaving Mom and Dad to recover from shock. The grail didn't bubble, but it sucked up the contents of the water butt anyway.
'Maybe it needs ice cream like last time?' Eddy suggested. 'We still have some left. The worst that can happen is that we have a second dessert.'


'No, the worst that can happen is that we drown or freeze your sister.'


'There's that. We'll call it an occupational hazard. She won't be complaining anyway if that happens.' With that, Eddy walked back in to get the vanilla ice cream from the freezer and two spoons from the kitchen drawer.


They then sat side by side in darkness on the bench outside, feeding each other spoonfuls of ice cream till they hit the bottom again.

Nothing much happened except for a red brownish glow right at the bottom of the grail. Eddy poked at it with his spoon and sucked his fingers as the spoon got forcefully sucked in with a cracking noise. Caoilinn's spoon followed after some experimenting.


Not eager to follow the spoons and not knowing what to do otherwise, they went back inside to put Mom and Dad to bed before starting a roll-the-roll rematch.

Post Novella Project 2022/2023 Archive

Caiman Raptor Elk

03.07.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88032053

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more