The h2g2 Post 03.07.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 3rd July 2023

Montage of images from this week's issue: The title, Summer dreams in colour, a pale blue iris, bright pink dahlias, yellow elder flowers, pink peonies, red poppies, an orange sunflower, white rhododendron,  all against a background of orange sunset..

It's here: the flower show. Superfrenchie went to Normandy. Tavaron and I looked in our yards. FWR looked…around: at home and in Hungary. Result: this week's issue is extremely colourful. We trust you'll enjoy the blooms.

We have some birds, too. Willem's got one to show-and-tell. FWR spotted some. Me, I watched a bunny. So there's wildlife.

Speaking of things watched: last week's band concert in the Hooverville gazebo was simply amazing. Not quite 76 trombones, but the 70 musicians (in total) made a glorious sound of a summer evening. I have some video highlights for you.

We have the usual humour, features, and fiction for you to take in. There are little surprises everywhere, so you won't want to miss anything.

If you're in North America this weekend, happy whatever-it-is-you're-celebrating. If you're anywhere else in the northern hemisphere, we hope you're having a fine summer. And Willem, we hope you and Sagrys are staying warm. If you are out having adventures – and if you are, we hope they do not get too hairy or involve Vogons – please take your cameras along and send your photos/videos/essays to the Post.

Have an enjoyable, education and above all safe week out there, friends.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Been into town to see The Wicker Man. An insular community, suspicious of outsiders and with baffling rituals, it's also home to a cinema where i saw the film.

– @jtlovell1979 on Twitter
A country road.


July 2023 Post Challenge:
The Road Taken


Video Extra:
Washington Post March
Click here in Ripley


ONE OF THESE IS NOT A BIRD
Up Close and Personal
(Video)

Large cottontail bunny rabbit by DG.

SURPRISES


MIDSUMMER FLOWER SHOW I


Poppies

Poppies.


MIDSUMMER FLOWER SHOW II




Dahlias
Pink dahlias
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88028201

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more