A Conversation for Time Stood Still

That's nice

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

By the time I was able to get details about the May Create challenge, the month was half over, and it would have taken another two weeks to get anything written, submitted, and published in the Post.

Time stands still while you wait for instructions about time standing still. There, I've come up with something with two days to spare. smiley - biggrin

I'm thinking about writing about a celebrity I once met. I metaphor a few minutes. Maybe I'll go with the encounter with Julie Andrews. Chance meetings with celebrities is a metaphor for my life. smiley - winkeye (I'm allowed to use puns in the things I write smiley - run).


That's nice

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks for reading smiley - biggrin

Good point about meetings with celebrities - at special events I imagine it can be a bit like a graduation ceremony for them, shaking hands and moving on to the next person, but they make a big impression on their fans in each of those fleeting moments smiley - biggrin

Chance meetings are even better - I’m not very good at recognising people out of context, but do have very fond memories of the time a celebrity recognised me (Freddie Mercury’s partner Jim Hutton was at the Queen Convention one year, and my mum jokingly chased him around the room to ask for his autograph - the following year, he approached us to say hello! smiley - blush)

I can imagine time stood still for you when encountering Julie Andrews smiley - biggrin. I look forward to reading about it smiley - ok


That's nice

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


If you really get confidence in using the epoxy resin, you could even give her some nice (transparent) clothing, reducing the risk of future breaking significantly. Or not.


That's nice

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Yes, that would be a good idea smiley - ok (if I were confident enough) as the texture of alabaster is very fragile.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Time Stood Still

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more