A Conversation for Renfrew's Big Case: Episode 27

Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Interesting to see that Renfrew has nothing to say about the condo being monitored / spied on. (that is a common risk of asking a question before closing the previous subject, like asking multiple questions in one e-mail and getting the answer to only one of them)

Never heard of trisquits before. Probably because they use a preservative banned in Europe.


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I used to like to eat triscuits, but they aren't gluten free. The Truman Presidential Library rejoices in the possession of menu cards from Harry's term in office. Triscuits and cheese feature on those menu cards.

Harry Truman wasn't exactly part of the 'elite'. smiley - laugh He said that when he was young he was faced with the choice of going into politics or following his first career as a bar pianist. He was pretty good at both.


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - smiley

I guess I can figure out where Margaret Truman got her interest in music. I know that Harry Truman got angry when music critics panned her singing. I heard a youtube video of her singing, and I thought she sang very well. My mother loved her renditions of folksongs.


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I thought she sounded fine, too!


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Are Triscuits thrice cooked?

I like the shop names smiley - laugh Good of them to be working to pay Sigismund back after using the credit card smiley - biggrin


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

The Shredded Wheat Company began producing Triscuit in 1903 in Niagara Falls, New York. Allegedly, they were touted as 'produced by electricity' due to the hydroelectric plant there. It's a weird process.


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 7

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Yes, apparently they stack several layers of wet wheat threads at right angles and bake those (so it is not actually woven).


Happy birthday Sigismund

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

That's it!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Renfrew's Big Case: Episode 27

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more