A Conversation for Balance of Probabilities: Chapter 22

Yikes!

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Lucas will need to be told about his past.


Yikes!

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Acceptance and regret are a good starting point to learn "good" behaviour. On the other hand, the other guy maybe shouldn't have said what he did. Apparently, verbal violence is still acceptable...?


Yikes!

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


'I didn't hit him. I just reset his memory banks!'


Yikes!

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Good point that verbal violence can still have impact… That’s a difficulty with bullying, when a child exhibits unexpected behaviour and it takes time to work out why (I remember an incident from my schooldays when someone who was being bullied was punished in front of the whole school for running away. I thought it should have been handled more sensitively - important for us to learn that running away wasn’t safe, but we could have been taught what to do instead…)


Yikes!

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Amen to that...


Yikes!

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Punished for taking evasive maneuvres? That's insane.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Balance of Probabilities: Chapter 22

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more