A Conversation for Playwrights' Challenge: Alien Corn

They came from across the galaxy

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

They were sentient plants, lured to the earth by electronic signals from 1960s TV show like "Green Acres."

Little did they know the horror they were about to witness.

Vast fields of crops withering from heat and drought.

Other vast fields that could not be planted or harvested because Russia was invading the fields of neighboring Ukraine.

They accidentally wandered into a movie theater that was showing a scene from the latest Jurassic world movie. In the scene, hordes of locusts were being unleashed on the world's plants.

They peered in through a window at a happy family that was watching "Little shop of horrors."

In the Southern Hemisphere they celebrated Christmas with a family, but things went badly when the hosts put mistletoe over their heads. Mistletoe is a parasite, and this alarmed the aliens. They fled to their spaceship and exited the Solar System, little knowing that Giant Hogweed seeds and insect eggs had gotten stuck to them as they fled. These will wreak havoc when they get back to their own planet.

The Children of the Corn watched them go. Somehow they knew what lay ahead for their intrepid voyagers.smiley - evilgrin



They came from across the galaxy

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I thought that would go somewhere else when you started with 'Green Acres'. smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Playwrights' Challenge: Alien Corn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more