A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Wolverine

Satuday Night Live skit

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"I would like to feed your fingertips to the wolverines" John Belushi

(Just plug the above quote into google and click on the youtube result. This s a somewhat dotty English as a second language lesson.)


Actual wolverines have not been seen in Massachusetts since 1835. Nor in Pennsylvania since 1863. The states where they can be found now are Washington and the Northern Rocky Mountains in Idaho, Montana, Oregon (Wallowa Range), and Wyoming according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service.

I would not mind it if I never came across a wolverine in my area.

Fishers [a.k.a.Fisher Cats],once rare here, have made a comeback and are sometimes mistaken for wolverines. smiley - smiley

Nice article, by the way.

The wolverine character played by Hugh Jackman? A waste of Jackman's talent, IMHO. But then, so was the film "Greatest Showman."





Satuday Night Live skit

Post 2

Willem

I've never seen Saturday Night Live! I'll have to check that video ...

I don't reckon the Wolverine movies are about high acting ...

So anyways what would be a movie in which Hugh Jackman actually acts well?


Satuday Night Live skit

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I think that "Les Miserables" was his finest work, of the things I've seen.

"Scoop," "The Prestige," and "Australia" were honorable efforts too.


Satuday Night Live skit

Post 4

Willem

I have seen Australia and part of The Prestige ... can't remember much of them though. I did see Lay Meezerahb recently! I liked it apart from the singing!


Satuday Night Live skit

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That's damning with faint praise, I think.smiley - laugh Singing seems to take up most of it. I like the song of angry men, though the rest of the songs seem mediocre. I thought that Ann Hathaway elevated her songs with ethereal singing, for which she won an Oscar.

I'm glad she got an Oscar, though her character was a bit of a sad case in an overly sentimental way. With material like that, what can you do?


Satuday Night Live skit

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

What everybody *should* do is read the smiley - bleeping book and stop trying to turn everything into musical cliches. smiley - laugh


Satuday Night Live skit

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That is good advice, Dmitri. I've listened to two or three different performances of the piece, and have read that the songs were set too high in the singers' tessitura(s). If a singer had a relatively weak voice or poor technique, he/she would likely sound strained and unattractive.

But Hugh Jackman has an amazing voice no matter how low or high he is singing. What I don't get, though, is any reason to care about his character. Ms. Hathaway supplies reasons for caring about her, which can't have ben easy....


Satuday Night Live skit

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

" reasons for caring about her *character*"


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Wolverine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more