A Conversation for Caption Challenge: Water Driving

We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Great photo! Did you ever go on it yourself? I can imagine it was a bit of a bumpy ride!


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 2

Bluebottle

I thought they cancelled the duckmarine tours as didn't both the Liverpool and London ones sink? I've been on it though.

<BB<


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 3

FWR

Yeah.. And I made the family sing it before we got on lol.

I think it was resurrected after the original sank!


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 5

Bluebottle

When we had a ride we sat at the back and after driving out the dock they deliberately reversed into the dock again to scare people (but as we'd seen it do that earlier we weren't unprepared) though the back door was wide open. Did they still do that?

<BB<


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I expected to see the man in the yellow raincoat wave at us, with Curious George in tow.


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Wow, I didn't realise the drivers sometimes scared people like that smiley - yikes I think, with that and the reports of the two sinkings, I'm glad I couldn't get onto the duckmarine when I tried a few years ago... Looks like the Liverpool ones stopped in 2013 after the incidents, and the London ones stopped in 2017 because their access ramp to the Thames was blocked by sewer maintenance works...


We all love the yellow duckmarine

Post 8

FWR

Think this was 2012...ish.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Caption Challenge: Water Driving

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more