A Conversation for Backlit Tree (for Magpies)

Magpies?

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

I like the backlighting, which brings out the contrast between black and white.smiley - smiley

But I think a magpie might find the twigs too thin to perch on!


Magpies?

Post 2

FWR

I'll tell them! Bet they fall off as soon as I do!


Magpies?

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

My eyes are going down the tubes. I can't see any magpies. Our edited guide article on magpies doesn't mention the type of trees they like.

They build nests in the outer branches of trees.
http://www.backyardbuddies.org.au/backyard-buddies/magpies

They will even build nests i abandoned buildings. <yikes.


Magpies?

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This tree, at present, does not contain any magpies. (Correct me if I'm wrong, FWR.) It is a tree FOR magpies. When the magpies are present, they can, and do, sit there. Possibly in contravention of the laws of physics. There are other examples of such in this week's issue.

We hope that this sufficiently explains the tree, the image of which is there to be admired aesthetically. smiley - zen


Magpies?

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

it's a lovely tree. Thank you.smiley - smiley


Magpies?

Post 6

FWR

Tis merely a picture of a winter tree, crab apple I think, the Magpies do indeed nest in there. It's a photo that I found pretty, no more no less, no external links.


Magpies?

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't now if lucky is the right word, but you are lucky to have magpies. Nebraska and Kansas are as far east as they come.

You'd think they could fly further east, but I guess not.smiley - sadface

(Don't worry. I'm not that disappointed.)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Backlit Tree (for Magpies)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more