The h2g2 Post 21.12.20

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 21st December 2020

Deck the Halls

Birds in the Snowy Bush, by DG. The birds are being decorative. Sometimes, there is snow. It's cold outside and warm inside, unless you're Willem. Then it's hot outside, but still holiday time. We hope you're having as much fun as you can under the trying circumstances.

We're going to try to contribute to the seasonal jollity with songs, stories, cartoons, and whimsical whatnots of all kinds with the purpose of helping you make merry. Join us this week as we bend, fold and possibly mutilate your imaginations in a good cause.

Here are some of the rather surprising things our contributors have come up with to celebrate the season:

    Lola the dog at the window, wearing her Christmas bow.
  • We have seasonally appropriate images, from a polar bear by Willem to some mysterious aquatic creature spotted in the UK waters by Cactuscafe. Also: what it looks like outside in various parts of Europe. Picturesque, we conclude.
  • It's Christmas crossword time! Bluebottle is back to puzzle you. There's a picture quiz, too. We also ask for captions and spontaneous tales.
  • There's video fun, from truly awful jokes to seasonal music.
  • On the entertainment front, we once again try to reconcile two major tendencies in Christmas fare. In the US, readers are usually desirous of heart-warming, uplifting stories, while in the UK, ghosts are in high demand. So I've found you a fairy tale that combines both: uplift AND zombies. Enjoy. Meanwhile, Awix has unearthed a retro superheroine.
  • Speaking of unusual Christmas tales: Milla's got one. It's medical, it's true, and it's illustrated. We'll let her tell it.
  • Superfrenchie has some holiday decorating tips to liven up your festival.
  • There are ongoing stories and comics and humour to put you in the mood for an eggnog refill.


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff.) In the meantime, have a joyous Christmas, stay safe and warm!


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: On the thirteenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... indigestion tablets.

Larry the Cat


Coming of Age in Brookville, cover design by Freewayriding
Buy Our New Book!
Excitement, Adventure! Bears!

Create December 2020 by Freewayriding
December Create Challenge:
Midwinter Tales


Video Extra: Magi Travelling Music


EXTERIORS
Polar Bears

Polar Bear by Willem


MINDSCAPES

SEASONAL MOODS

Umbrella Wanted

Still from Winterset, 1936.

TALES TO TELL



Spot the Human
Spot the Human in the Sea, by Cactuscafe.

JOKES
WORDS AND PICTURES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88005062

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more