A Conversation for Those Jungle Drums Are Driving Me Mad

Should "Louie, Louie" be the national anthem?

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

This suggestion was made in jest, but would it matter if the lyrics are that hard to decipher?

I've heard *of* the song, but I haven't heard the song itself enough times to get a sense of it.

Teenagers may not be focusing on the words, and adults aren't all that interested in the music. Why not let sleeping dogs be dormant?


Should "Louie, Louie" be the national anthem?

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I doubt anyone's paid any attention to it since the 1960s. Other than to enjoy the discomfiture of the FBI, and to write historical fiction, which is what this is, not a discussion of pop songs. smiley - laugh

The entire Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) file is 119 pages long. Most of those letters are direct quotes. This is 'ripped from the headlines' stuff here. smiley - winkeye


Should "Louie, Louie" be the national anthem?

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

That sounds like tax dollars well spent...


Should "Louie, Louie" be the national anthem?

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Akin to the time they invented a machine to 'smoke' banana peelings, to see if they contained hallucinogens...


Should "Louie, Louie" be the national anthem?

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

When Leonard Bernstein saw his FBI file, he laughed a lot.

Frank Zappa and John Denver, among others, were asked to testify at a hearing by the Parents Music resources Center in 1985. This was a group of citizens determined to protect children from hearing things that parents didn't want them to hear.

So, the FBI was not the only group playing this particular game.

And if you want to narrow things down to just the FBI, it snooped on Pete Seeger for 20 years.

There could be more material here. That's all I'm saying, though my interest in such things is less than it used to be.

And I don't even know why I'm bringing these things up. I don't know about British involvement in protecting people from the cultural adventures of teenagers, but our American FBI had its fingers in many pies. smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Those Jungle Drums Are Driving Me Mad

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more