A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Macrauchenia

Rama Llama ding dong

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Poor things!

Extinction is so----final!

Humans are still with us, though, so Nature will need to up her game or learn o acquiesce....


Rama Llama ding dong

Post 2

Willem

Hello! Nature seems to be having a stab at it...


Rama Llama ding dong

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Plants seem to have the upper hand. 95% of the planet's biomass belongs to the Plant Kingdom.

Those of us in the Animal Kingdom have no choice but to be as nice to plants as hey can. It's in our self-interest.


Rama Llama ding dong

Post 4

Willem

I'm being very nice to them indeed.

It amazes me that so few people are interested in 'the world of plants'. To me being out in the wild is like a treasure hunt … there's always some weird and cool plant to find if you just pay attention. I have seen plant species that perhaps less than ten humans on this entire planet have ever seen and recognized.


Rama Llama ding dong

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've planted woodland natives all along both long sides of my trailer. As far as I know, they were all plants that had been bred in greenhouses so that they could be put out in the wild, to restock the populations.

I would love to have some ladyslippers, but (a.) they always cost $60 per plant, to start, and (b.) I would hate to plant one and not have it thrive. Nevertheless, I am seeing that hybrids are being developed. These never developed in a natural setting anyway, so I might want to take a chance on one.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Macrauchenia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more