A Conversation for Create Challenge, April 2020: Dealing with Grief

Living and Grieving

Post 1

Lham

A few thoughts as a conversation starter.

Grief, is not a thing, in stages or otherwise. The relationship we have to living is entwined with the relationship we have to the loss of a life. In this way it is always concerned with what was the case: life. It's a loss of connection and a connection. I am connected to you through this grief. Though it hurts I don't dont always want to be cured of it. And it's never only my grief. Mersault is condemned for not showing grief for the death of his mother. Lacking in grief or at least the normative expression of it is something we are wary of. Or frightens us because it could be ourselves who are not grieved for. It is a sign of disconnection. And yet this feeling of disconnection, dislocation is a part of grief. The framing of our life has been changed through the ending of another's. What does it mean for us? When we are grieving these considerations are not interesting. It is not interesting to be grieving, it hurts. I wonder how these words will read to me when I am in that place?

Best to all at h2g2 at this time.

Lham


Living and Grieving

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Lham - all the best to you at this time, too.

Good thoughts indeed. Can't generalise about these things, because everyone is different and reacts in different ways, but what you say about connections certainly resonates with my experience.

"Though it hurts I don't always want to be cured of it." - that is exactly how I feel - I describe it as 'happysad' because the fact that I feel sad now (feeling the pain of the loss) is a reminder of how happy I have been (feeling the joy of the togetherness) with my partner. I am more than I would have been if I had never met her, because our relationship enriched us both smiley - loveblush


Living and Grieving

Post 3

Lham

Hi thanks SashaQ.

I am new to h2g2 (yesterday). So I am still learning about the what and where so good to get a response. Been an hitchhiker's fan for years though.

I Like your happysad - the.words we can find can be so important in finding a way through.and if there isnt one then invent it!

Cheers Lham


Living and Grieving

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Hi Lham

"the.words we can find can be so important in finding a way through.and if there isnt one then invent it!"

Yes indeed! Well said.

Good luck with exploring h2g2 - if you need any help finding your way around, just ask smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Create Challenge, April 2020: Dealing with Grief

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more