A Conversation for Knot in Plank

Comments: Knot in Plank

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

At first glance…..ok, it's a knot in a bit of wood, but look closer and the imagination takes over!

An angel, half an apple, baby in the womb even? Sasha's getting good at making the ordinary stimulate the brain…...or am I just being a Plank?

DG:

These forms and textures lend themselves well to black and white. There's a tactile sense hinted at that I like very much.


Comments: Knot in Plank

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

When did that pig crash nose first into that tree?


Comments: Knot in Plank

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

They'e singing songs of love, but knot for me.

Okay, I'll behave, but just barely. Bole me over, just as I was getting board.

There are hundreds of oak trees along the VFW Parkway in Boston. Too many of them have holes in the trunks next to the ground, souvenirs of where cars have hit them.smiley - bruised


Comments: Knot in Plank

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks everyone smiley - biggrin

Yes, you can tell this plank of wood is in a well-used place (one of the bird hides at A87875987 ) as there are various dents in it - the closeup seems to even show the saw marks from when it was cut!

Excellent pareidolia - I particularly like the angel, yes! I can certainly see the apple shape in there, too! smiley - ok


Comments: Knot in Plank

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Some people have said that it's cruel to trees to put them next to roads where crazy people are sure to bash into them smiley - bruised. I can't disagree with that.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Knot in Plank

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more