A Conversation for Waiting for the Light

Comments: Waiting for the Light

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

Really tricks the eye this one DG.

First glance, normal if somewhat hilly, town road.

But go into the shot...that overhead traffic light seems awfully low! The cars in front seem kind of small...are we looking down? Top deck of a bus maybe? The slightly blurred images gives the feeling of looking through damp glass...an open air elevator, cable car? Or just a car driver's view of a very, very steep hill?

Movie producers must flock to this spot, really good capture!

DG:

Thanks. It was raining, Farmer Hoggett was driving, and I just had to snag this shot from the back seat. Butler is a trippy place.


Comments: Waiting for the Light

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I love the play of light and darkness in this one.

The path of white and light gray lies through the center, with darker masses on either side. The lightest patch is on top, close to but not quite at dead center. That is where your eye wants to go.

Walk toward the light!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Waiting for the Light

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more