A Conversation for Water

Comments: Water

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

At first glance, a simple shot.

But Sasha has thought about this. The angle gives a lovely highlight to the ripples on the water, the absence of anything to give a sense of scale is a clever way of bringing out the abstract patterns.

Altering your point of view when photographing liquids gives dramatically different results. Try ignoring the ducks and look at the water next time you're out and about!

DG;

What I love most about these black-and-white photographs is that they're exercises in looking. Sasha keeps deconstruction the visual world.


Comments: Water

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Yes, and it makes me thirsty. Luckily, I have a pint of water within reach.

I enjoy making and looking at patterns in the water, but do not normally have a camera handy while rowing.


Comments: Water

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Chaos theory. Someone drops a Ford Explorer into the lake, and the ripples spread out. Eventually, a typhoon hits Tokyo.


Comments: Water

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks everyone smiley - biggrin

Yes, I really like using the monochrome to focus in on details - I like looking out for abstract patterns, too smiley - biggrin


Comments: Water

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I like ripples, whether real ones or ones in photos. But not the really big ones the size of tsunamis. smiley - yikessmiley - run


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Water

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more