Post Quiz: Nerd Test
Your Editor was noodling around on the ol' internet one day and ran across some psychometric tests, which provided the sort of insights into the mind of psychologists one would expect. A no-brainer was the Editorial score on the 'Nerd Test' these geniuses thought up.
Your score was 66. Scores range from a low of 30 to a high of 70. The exact average score is 50. People who score higher on the NPAS are more likely to identify as nerds.
Duh. That wasn't a test of 'nerdiness', whatever that is. It was a test of whether you liked to read, especially science fiction, and whether you thought libraries were cool places. According to this test, everybody on h2g2 except Prof Animal Chaos is a nerd. Prof Animal Chaos is only not a nerd because you could not make him read a book at gunpoint. He gets his information from Youtube and the BBC.
So here's an updated Nerd Test to show them how it's done. Try these questions on for size.
- Is Ungoliant male or female?
- What is the most important thing that happened 50 years ago this summer?
- What is prosopugnasia?
- How many 'Planet of the Apes' movies have there been?
- Why is it funny that Pierre Boulle received a screenplay Oscar for 'Bridge on the River Kwai'?
- In what computer game will you hear 'I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire' by the Ink Spots – if you have the sound on, that is?
- What does the Canadian rock band Klaatu's name refer to?
- What can a superbolide do?
- How many dinosaurs can you name?
- What is the longest English word you know?