A Conversation for On the Holism of Spider Silk

I usually let spider webs be

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Unless I want to get through a passageway where spider webs stand in my way, I will tend to let them be. The webs near the ceiling in my bathroom have been there almost forty years.

Yes, I'm somewhat lazy when it comes to housework. Either that, or I look at time from a geological standpoint.

No, spider silk is not stronger than steel, but it is a protein, and thus the spiders can always make more.

I wish Nature would make more of those nice clouds, and bring a cold front. I'll tale responsibility for the thunderstorms that would result.

Was this phtio taken through a dirty windshield?


I usually let spider webs be

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

No, on a very dark night. And then 'enhanced' with photoshop, hence the graininess. smiley - laugh


I usually let spider webs be

Post 3

minorvogonpoet

This is thought provoking. smiley - zen

However, if you give up your pencil, what is the 'something better' that you find?


I usually let spider webs be

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Nature doesn't factor our desires or expectations into its decisions at all. Other lifeforms can be unnervingly bold. When a grasshopper is on one of my flowers, chewing away at the stalks or petals, it stares right back at me, with no sign of fear. Bunnies run away when they see me coming, but they go right back to doing hat they doing before, as soon as I m gone. Likewise for birds and squirrels.

I don't care about any of them once mid-July comes along. The squirrels have normal squirrel things to do by then, the birds are busy cleaning berries of the ground, and there's sweet clover for the bunnies.

Besides, I tend to notice just the pollinators nowadays. Was that colorful flying insect a dragonfly or a skipper or a butterfly?


I usually let spider webs be

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I have my personal thoughts about what the 'something better' might be, MVP. smiley - smiley But I'd say that's for the individual to decide - or why write a poem and not an essay? smiley - winkeye


I usually let spider webs be

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm not giving up my pencil. smiley - cross


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for On the Holism of Spider Silk

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more