The h2g2 Post: 23.09.19

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 23rd September 2019

From John O'Groats to the Isle of Wight

St Michael, Fryburg, Pennsylvania See that church? It's in Fryburg, Pennsylvania. You can read about it here. (While you're there, go browsing in the rest of the Peer Review goodies.) St Michael's churchyard features in a short story by Freewayriding this week, although our author has only seen pictures. I have a short story set in Nashville, Tennessee, in front of whose fabled Parthenon Your Editor used to enjoy holiday picnics as a kid. There's lots of travel in this issue, but the US variety is mostly fictional.

Not so the UK Stuff. We take you from John O'Groats – I knew this would happen when I mentioned the place a few weeks ago – to the Isle of Wight. Our photographers have got the landscapes. Those who hate landscapes, like Paigetheoracle ('You want a landscape? Go buy a postcard!'), send buildings and signs. Okay, one of those signs has some sneaky houses behind it. We think he slipped up there. Anyway, enjoy these. All the Researchers seem to have one thing in mind: to let us know that their island is unique and, dare we say it? We dare: quirky. There. The Q-word has been spoken.
Lola meditating. Probably on dinner.
We have humour. We have quizzes. Awix has cinema. Willem has a bird. (No, he's perfectly calm: it's an actual bird.) I have more useless advice, and a music video. Also, there are comics. Did we mention the comics? Find out what that dinosaur is up to, and what effect Desideria's sage is having on her human and cat friends. Follow SashaQ's mystery of the envelopes. There are a couple of black-and-white photos: we'll have more next week.

Remember to leave comments and send more Stuff! October is coming, and you know what that means, besides falling walnuts and candy-begging: we could use some spooky stories! Or funny ones, whatever you've got.

Have a great week, all of you.



Quote of the Week: I recognize that it is almost always wise, and is often in a manner necessary, to kill an editor...

Mark Twain



Create September 2019 by Freewayriding
September Create Challenge:
Building Bridges


Dmitri Gheorgheni

AS FAR AS OUR EYES CAN SEE

INNER VISION


TOOL TIME

LOLZ
SIGNS OF THE BRITISH ISLES
GRAPHIC (AND MUSICAL)
  • Music Video
  • Switched-On Purcell:
    Two Minuets and a Chipmunk.


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87942667

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more