A Conversation for The h2g2 Post: 12.08.19

Minor Correction

Post 1

Bluebottle

The plural of 'Lego' is 'Lego', NOT 'Legos' smiley - tongueout

<BB<


Minor Correction

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Around here, it's Legos. smiley - laugh Must be a dialect thing.


Minor Correction

Post 3

Bluebottle

Nah, at Legoland they make it very clear that the plural of Lego is Lego; they make the stuff so they should know.

Perhaps they were about to say 'Legos' but trod on a piece and so only got as far as 'Leg-ow!!!!!'

<BB<


Minor Correction

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Yeah, well, Kleenex lost that battle, too. smiley - laugh It is what the users say it is.


Minor Correction

Post 5

FWR

Legi? Legum? Legipus? I'm with bb on this one!


Minor Correction

Post 6

FWR

Unless the photos is of the ruins on an island actually named Legos of course..geography and geometry were always a little confusing!


Minor Correction

Post 7

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

The island of Legos is currently unknown by the mighty Maps. Maybe we could build it. How many bricks would that take? The trouble with a Lego pebble beach is that the pebbles float away.

I guess Greece or Denmark would be most appropriate, or we could rename Lagos.


Minor Correction

Post 8

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Just checked. one solid cubic meter takes 203450.5 of the 4 by 2 bricks to build.

Considering that the estimated volume for the Dutch Mountain project is 7.7E12 cubic meters, leading to a 1.6E18 bricks requirement.

Maybe it is better to build it hollow, as solid would take Lego about 78 million years to produce that amount of bricks at the current rate.


Minor Correction

Post 9

Bluebottle

Considering the vast amount of plastic pollution already in the ocean and that the number of Lego bricks made is believed to be 400 billion – 62 for every person on smiley - earth - and presumably a fair number of those bricks are already at sea, would it be easier to just wait for those bricks to accumulate somewhere and form their own island?

<BB<


Minor Correction

Post 10

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

That's definitely cheaper, considering 2x4 bricks cost between 10-20 cents each. You may get a discount though...


Minor Correction

Post 11

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

You can't put the island of Legos in the Aegean. smiley - yikes The Greeks are already trying to sue people over Lesvos. See, 'Lesbians' are people who live there... smiley - rofl

A friend of mine from Thessaloniki once said a mutual friend, 'You know she's from Lesvos?'

Me: 'I thought she was from Limnos.'

Petros, impatiently: 'She is. But she's also from Lesvos....'

This went on for awhile. smiley - run


Minor Correction

Post 12

FWR

They could remake Jason and the Argonauts...search for the Golden Piece...


Minor Correction

Post 13

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork


Minor Correction

Post 14

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Apparently, LEGO employees receive a golden brick after 25 years of service. These are valued at atound 12000 euros when auctioned. Wonder of The Argonouts know this...


Minor Correction

Post 15

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Around


Minor Correction

Post 16

FWR

Theres a daft story begging to be told in here somewhere.???


Minor Correction

Post 17

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

There always is.


Minor Correction to the Minor Correction

Post 18

SashaQ - happysad

Lego have advised that Lego is an adjective, not a noun! http://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/842115345280294912


Samizdat Approach

Post 19

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent Post Front Page this week, by the way, DG - thanks for describing Robbie's quote smiley - ok


Samizdat Approach

Post 20

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Glad you liked it, Sasha! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post