A Conversation for Black-and-White: Dog Watching Parade

Comments for 'Dog in Window'

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

bobstafford says:

'Dog In Window
Do look at the variety and detail in the brickwork, the dog has a nice expression and looks very interested in what's happening in the street below.
Nice exposure brings the image to life'

FWR says:

'Parade.

What makes this photo stand out for me is the framing. Putting the subject in the top right really draws the eye and gives the sense of the dog having a grandstand view. Clever use of Rule of Thirds. Makes the viewer want to know what the dog is fascinated by. Most photographers would be looking at the parade, but just by focusing on the background at any event can bring unexpected results. Great capture DG.'

What do you say?


Comments for 'Dog in Window'

Post 2

bobstafford

Well observed comments FWR smiley - smiley


Comments for 'Dog in Window'

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

That dog is showing true intelligence smiley - smiley it's not just watching as in let me at it/I want to be there/let me out etc.
It's actually watching and recording the events taking place and making it's own judgement in what's happening and "learning" from it


Comments for 'Dog in Window'

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

When I see the thief that stole my spots, I'll rip his head off smiley - grr How do humans know I'm a Spotted Dalmatian now smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Black-and-White: Dog Watching Parade

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more