Video: Our Eyes Are on the Sparrows

0 Conversations

Video: Our Eyes Are on the Sparrows

Junco.

We promised wildlife. Here is some. It's not large wildlife: we saw a bunny in the yard last night, but it was after dark, and he scurried away. The possum, which we hotly desire to film, also only comes out under cover of darkness. The other night, we saw him out back, waddling sedately along by the wall, his pale snout illuminated briefly in the floodlights from the municipal parking lot. A moment later, he returned: moving with surprising speed in the opposite direction. We also heard Scout, the neighbour's Jack Russell, barking furiously. He must have caught the scent of possum.

We're working on learning that infrared business. In the meantime, you will have to be contented with chipmunks and birdies.

Most of our bird feeder visitors are sparrows. This isn't surprising: we have the kind of food they like, kind of like a specialty restaurant. What is surprising is that they aren't all Little Brown Jobs. The sparrow family can be multicoloured, did you know that? Take a look at these brightly-coloured fellows.

Click here for the video, or watch the embedded version in your Pliny-skin page.


Dmitri Gheorgheni Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

27.05.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87938680

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more