The h2g2 Post: 22.07.19

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 22nd July 2019

Moonlight Becomes Us

TJ Peeking from Behind the Computer by Dmitri Gheorgheni Peek-a-boo, says TJ. Usually right before he reaches out a paw from behind the computer screen. Preparing the h2g2 Post is an adventure – not just because of random acts of kitty violence, but because the variety of excellent contributions makes the Editorial head swirl with fun ideas. Excitement, adventure, really wild things. That's what we've got for you this week, as usual.

The black-and-white challenge continues unabated. The deal is: you send in your black-and-white photos. FWR and bobstafford start off the comments, everybody joins in, and before you know it, you're talking about the weather on Mars. Er, well, and photography, naturally. It gets in there somewhere.

Somebody wanted to know what the 'deadlines' were. Ha, ha. The first rule of Post Challenge is that there are no deadlines. We'll just keep going till everybody gets tired. The second rule is, you always talk about Post Challenge. Also, send your photos to postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com. And just in case: the '-at-' stands for '@' and the '-dot-' stands for '.', and if you want to know why we write it like this online, just ask.

See the photo on the left? I took it the other night. I sent it to FWR. He said, 'William Peter Blatty would have been proud of you.' William Peter Blatty wrote The Exorcist. I didn't know my neighbourhood was that spooky. So then he sent me this photo what he took. It's in the middle.

Moon by DGMoon by FWREclipse in Progress by Milla

I wrote back, 'I hate you.'

On Tuesday night, Milla kept running out to take pictures of the eclipse in her neck of the woods (see photo on the right, above). I was mad because the internet said, 'Eclipse not visible in Pittsburgh,' while Prof Animal Chaos complained of cloud cover over Yorkshire. I said, no problem, Milla's got us covered. He retorted, 'They have a moon in Sweden, too?' Milla replied, 'Bop him on the head for me.' h2g2 Researchers: the weirdest meteorologists on the planet. Observatories got nothin' on us.

So what else do we have in this week's issue of the h2g2 Post? Let's take a look.
  • Brain teasers, cinema recommendations (or not: read the review)

    , writing advice, opportunities to add snark.
  • Another beautiful bird from Willem.
  • Poetry, such as it is. Mad signs. A music video. Philosophy.
  • Jokes, jokes, jokes.
  • More adventures with demons, dinosaurs, and office workers.

Lots to see and do. Lots to discuss and share. Do all that, please. Send more Stuff! This has been a very productive summer so far, and we're grateful. We hope St Swithin's Day was good to you, and you're enjoying a long run of nice weather. Get out in it. For those not in the UK, remember the sunscreen. And have a great week!
TJ in the Sun by DG
Like cats, the sun
comes out eventually.


Bonus Video: This week's bonus nature video involves the showy firefly (click here, Ripley users). It's been humid around the Post Office: just the way they like it.





Create July 2019 by Freewayriding
July Create Challenge:
You Have a History


Dmitri Gheorgheni

SIGNS AND WONDERS

MENTAL MIRACLES


IT'S NOT BLACK AND WHITE,

EXCEPT WHEN IT IS

HUMORESQUE
POTPOURRI
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE
(and tea)


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87937500

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more