A Conversation for Pop Quiz: Guess the Building

It's where the Old Dope peddlar lives

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

He gives the kids free samples because he knows full well
That today's young innocent faces will be tomorrow's clientele.
--Tom Lehrer

(Lest anyone feel like clicking the Yikes button, be advised that I am posting from a state where recreational marijuana is legal. smiley - winkeye)


It's where the Old Dope peddlar lives

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Why would I? I'm Dutch.

Hang on, that's not a criterion. I would not be happy if those kids were mine.

But satire is OK.

Like: Most countries agree that the current National state of emergency declared by the US president is fully justified, given the dramatic events of the last two years.


It's where the Old Dope peddlar lives

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I totally agree, though maybe five billion dollars isn't enough. Sure, it will cover the expense of building a thirty-foot fence around the White House, but maybe some of us will need to chip in for bars for the windows. That way, we'll be safe if the President gets sentenced to (White) House arrest. smiley - smiley


It's where the Old Dope peddlar lives

Post 4

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

If you would want to separate from Mexico, wouldn't it be more economical in the long run to dig a canal from coast to coast (like the Panama thing, just a little longer.) Saves a lot of mileage on East-West coast shipping. You could dump the material you dig out between the canal and the border as an extra barrier.

Please note: I personally think it is a bad idea to close borders. Maybe it is a better idea to find out why those people flee their country in the first place and do something about that in a peaceful manner.


It's where the Old Dope peddlar lives

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You have some good ideas. smiley - ok

I once envisioned rerouting the Mississippi River across Texas and New Mexico and Arizona. This would bring badly-needed water to the dry western states, and allow ships to carry cargo from East to West, and form West to East.

Cities and towns would grow up along its course, and this would increase then possibility of surveillance of the border area.

Not that I necessarily oppose immigration. A hundred years ago, large numbers of people were coming to the U.S. E Pluribus Unum (one out of many) is the motto for the Seal of the U.S., established by act of Congress in 1782.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pop Quiz: Guess the Building

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more