A Conversation for Wheelchair Access

Me, me, me sir!

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

Dan Dare was the British hero of a science fiction cartoon in The Eagle comic. His enemy in a lot of adventures was the Mekon (wheelchair image) a Martian who traveled on a flying platform and controlled other Martians. Two adventures I remember where he featured, were the mysterious appearance all over the Earth of giant mushroom like structures and The Three Mekons, where he resurrected earlier Martian Mekons to overcome his adversary, Dan Dare.


Me, me, me sir!

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Good cartoon!

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to levitate as it would make things easier but overall I think proper wheelchair access (eg ramps and lifts) is better rather than expecting individual disabled people to find ways round barriers (if they can). I'm very grateful for the progress that has been made, even though there is still more to do.

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wheelchair Access

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more