A Conversation for It's a Sign: Like Heads on Pikes

We have the best snark on the planet

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

We do. I love this sign. smiley - biggrin


We have the best snark on the planet

Post 2

minorvogonpoet

'I reckon it's a put up job by the robots. They made the windchimes out of tools people don't need because robots are doing their jobs.They just don't want people to know this until it's too late.' The Tinfoil Hat Brigade.


We have the best snark on the planet

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The robots originally arrived in rowboats, which they then deleted some letters from. BY all rights, robots should be concentrating their efforts in helping the frail elderly manage in their homes.


We have the best snark on the planet

Post 4

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

If they manage to be managers without being narcissistic smiley - bleep that's fine by me.

A lot of people that aspire to be managers are completely unfit for the job (at least from the point of view of someone receiving the managing, their bosses may disagree, being even bigger managers themselves)


I prefer the management style of "I trust you know best what your job requires, so I'll let you get on with it, I'll be in my office if you need leverage somewhere" over "YOU...MUST...DO...THIS...YESTERDAY!!!! IN...MY..INEFFICIENT...WAY!!!"

I hate mails in godspeak. You really can turn off Caps Lock if you want to.


We have the best snark on the planet

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Oh yeah, I love the sign too.


We have the best snark on the planet

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"I trust you know best what your job requires, so I'll let you get on with it" [Caiman Raptor]

Exactly.


We have the best snark on the planet

Post 7

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

If I remember correctly, Steve Jobs once said something along the lines of "I hire the smartest people, so that I don't have to tell them what to do"


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for It's a Sign: Like Heads on Pikes

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more