Summer Farm News

1 Conversation

Summer Farm News

A farm in Pennsylvania

That's not the Hoggett place. It's just another farm in western Pennsylvania, seen from the road. Looks peaceful, though a lot of work must be going on. Summer can be a busy time: it's growing season, and everybody wants to do everything they can't do when it's snowing. Which it was, this year, until the middle of May. You can imagine how much we're enjoying the sunshine and flowers and green everywhere.

Which doesn't keep these Yankees from complaining about how hot it is when the temperature reaches a mere 86°F/30°C. Which is how I like my swimming weather, personally. The pool is perfect this time of year.

Here are a few more pictures of the season from out at Hoggetts'.

Lilies
The lilies are stunning this year.
And yes, they line up decoratively in front of the pickup.

LiliesTJ's dad on the farm
More of those gorgeous red lilies.
This is Tom the Cat. He's TJ's pop.
He's a real sweetie,
but a lot shyer than his offspring.

Dmitri Gheorgheni Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

06.08.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87915360

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more