A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: White-Winged Flufftails

It is sad that these pretties are endangered.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Besides the people, could the low number be a result of climate change and drier weather altogether in South Africa? These are so pretty it would be a loss to lose them forever.


It is sad that these pretties are endangered.

Post 2

Willem

Hi Elektra! I don't think climate change is a factor - yet. There are no signs that the wetlands where this species occur are shrinking due to drying-out. They're shrinking because of being transformed by humans. This species has historically been very rare. When I started birding in the mid-eighties, it was an almost mythical species, virtually no-one had seen it or known anything about it.


It is sad that these pretties are endangered.

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Well, I hope that someday you'll have the chance to see one on one of your safaris.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: White-Winged Flufftails

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more