Post Quiz: More Conspiracies

0 Conversations

Post Quiz: More Conspiracies

Recently, a conspiracy theory analyst pointed out that there is a 'more than zero' chance that any conspiracy theory is true. He added, however, that he believed that the chance that Earth's governments were secretly run by reptilian aliens was less than 1%.

Fill in the blanks to demonstrate your expertise in current conspiracy theories.

  1. The claim that members of the Democratic Party were sex trafficking (and worshipping Satan) under Washington's Comet Ping Pong was debunked when the restaurant proved to have no basement. This was, hopefully, the end of _________.
  2. People unwilling to believe that incidents of mass violence happened sometimes accuse prominent victims who speak out of being paid '_______ ______'.
  3. In 2015, a conspiracy theory stated that then-president Barack Obama was planning to institute martial law in Texas under cover of a military exercise. Former CIA Director Michael Hayden has now said (on his book tour) that the spread of this rumour was largely due to activity by ________ ____.
  4. Mark Steele of Gateshead, Tyneside, UK, tells anyone who will listen that 5G transmitters have killed all of the local sparrows, but didn't hurt the _________. This is obviously sinister.
  5. Recently, Amazon had a problem: its salesbot Alexa was giving out conspiracy theories about _________. (Naughty Alexa.)
  6. In March 2018, the BBC had to officially deny that it had photoshopped Jeremy Corbyn's _____ to make it look 'more Russian'.
  7. Earth dodged a bullet (again) on 23 April, when the mysterious planet ______ (again) failed to appear in the sky and usher in the Rapture. Better luck next time.
  8. According to a 2013 poll, ______ of all Americans doubt the official story of the JFK assassination, while only 4% believe in the aforementioned 'reptilian alien' theory.
  9. In April, a long-missing ________ was found off the coast of Denmark, finally putting paid to the conspiracy theory that it was used to transport high-ranking Nazis to South America in 1945.
  10. On 30 April, 2018, more than 200 gathered in Birmingham for the UK's first-ever _____ ______ convention. The fact that this 'scientific' convention – obviously Galaxy Babe's favourite – was held on Walpurgnisnacht should really spark its own conspiracy theory.

Wow. That's a lot to take in. Click the picture for answers.

Guy Fawkes standing over a keg of gunpowder holding a lantern, sporting a fine beard
Click for answers.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

28.05.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87910491

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more