A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Reedbuck

I'm glad you got to see one so close up, Willem.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

These have beautiful markings, I'm sad that their habitat is so endangered. Wetlands are really critical in maintaining drinkable fresh water, with more possible droughts coming --- I wish the government would do more to safeguard them. I read that Cape Town is really low on water at the moment. I pray they get some soon to restore the reservoirs!


I'm glad you got to see one so close up, Willem.

Post 2

Willem

Hi Elektra! I'm glad you liked this one. I don't know exactly what's going on in Cape Town but what I hear is that while there is a bit of a bad drought over there (which is par for the course pretty anywhere in South Africa) it's also the case of massive mismanagement of the resources and incompetence in the folks governing the place. I've seen videos of tunnels carrying millions (perhaps billions or trillions) of litres (each year) of fresh water straight to the sea. There's also a feud between the DA (officially the main party running the place) and the ANC and both of them appear to be pretty lousy.


Key: Complain about this post

I'm glad you got to see one so close up, Willem.

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Reedbuck

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more