Lincoln in Cannibal Country?

1 Conversation

Lincoln in Cannibal Country?

Abraham Lincoln in a cooking pot.

You've heard of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. You may be aware of Lincoln's appearance as a fictional character in George MacDonald Fraser's Flash for Freedom. Or the more recent, and lyrical, Lincoln in the Bardo. Abe Lincoln is no stranger to outré fictional treatment.

Now here's FWR with his visual fanfic take on the United States' 16th president. To set the record straight for the schoolkids: No, Abe Lincoln did not go to the Pacific islands and get eaten by cannibals. Although that did happen to some missionaries. FWR is just having fun with a Guide Entry the Post Editor wrote about some Hawaiian folks who saved a sailor from being eaten by cannibals. He got overexcited.

The Post Editor refused to allow this picture to be used in the Edited Guide because it didn't pass our stringent standards for accuracy. Frankly, it looks more like something Fox News or the Bild Zeitung would come up with. But really, this was too good to keep to ourselves. So we said what we always say in these cases: 'It won't fit in the Guide. How about the h2g2 Post?'

Cartoon Corner Archive

Freewayriding

21.08.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87893563

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more