August 2017 Create Challenge: Travelling Hopefully
. . .to travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive. . .
Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881
Where have you travelled hopefully? What happened when you arrived?
This month, Create challenges you to share your travel stories. Tell us about your plans, your hopes, and your destinations. Did things work out the way you'd thought they would? Were there surprises? An inquiring world wants to know. The journeys you tell about could be from yesterday, or many, many years ago. It's all good.
- Where did you go? Was it a popular tourist destination or an unusual spot?
- How did you get there? Train? Plane? Donkey? Hot-air balloon?
- What obstacles did you face? How did you overcome them?
- What wonders did you see?
- What interesting people did you meet along the way?
- What – if anything – did you learn from your experience?
- What advice do you have for travellers?
Want to write a Guide Entry? (Of course you do, it's what you live for.) How about writing up a famous, or not-so-famous journey? Or describe an unusual travel destination: see Galaxy Babe's excellent Entry about The Post Office at the End of the World.
Like the housewives of the 60s, we're begging you: Take us along!