h2g2 Caption Challenge: Teddy Roosevelt and Horse

1 Conversation

Can you think of a snappy caption for this odd picture? Of course you can. You're a h2g2 Researcher.

Teddy Roosevelt and Horse

A statue of Teddy Roosevelt, horse, and friend.

This is a statue. It stands, or rides, in front of the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. (Somebody in the family left these holiday snaps on my computer, where they have become Public Domain.) The rider on the horse is Teddy Roosevelt, who was US president from 1901-1909. It says so on the statue, so I didn't even have to look it up. Teddy liked to ride. It is a well-known fact that he exhausted his military advisers by making them go on 50-mile horseback rides around Washington. TR was a menace. I have zero clue who his friend is, or why he didn't find him a horse, too. We think the devil made somebody put this statue up.

Have you got a caption for this quasi-patriotic eyesore?

Send more photos!

The Literary Corner Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

24.04.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87887795

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more